To help ensure that the Hovander Homestead Bluegrass Festival is an enjoyable experience for everyone in attendance, we have established the following guidelines and policies. Your assistance and cooperation in adhering to them is greatly appreciated.
- Pets: Pets (excluding service animals) are not allowed inside the festival grounds. Additionally, pets may not be left unattended in cars in the day parking lot during the festival. Attendees who arrive with a pet will be asked to make other arrangements for their pets before being allowed to park. Any car found with an unattended pet inside will be subject to enforcement action by the Whatcom Humane Society.
Pets are allowed in the campground only and must be on a leash, in a container or kept inside an RV or trailer at all times. Outside of the festival grounds, day parking lot and campground, Hovander Homestead Park rules will apply.
- Alcohol: Alcoholic beverages may not be brought in to the festival grounds. There will be a beer garden on site and all alcohol purchased there must be consumed within the boundaries of the beer garden. Alcohol is allowed in the campground in your personal camp space. No display of disorderly behavior will be allowed anywhere at the festival and may result in the forfeiture of all admittance and camping passes.
- Drugs: No recreational drugs allowed. No exceptions. This is a strict park policy and any violation will result in removal from the festival with no refund.
- Wristbands: All festival attendees will be issued a wristband for admittance purposes. These wristbands must be affixed around the wrist by the gate attendant prior to entrance to the festival and displayed at all times while in attendance at the festival. Do not stretch or remove the wristband. Attendees may leave and re-enter the festival provided they show their wristbands to the gate personnel upon entering. If you lose your wristband, you will be required to purchase another one for admittance.
- Seating: Seating in both concert stage areas is on a first-come, first-served basis and is festival seating (you provide your own chairs and blankets) in the main stage area. Please do not block the view of others. For handicap attendees, please contact a member of our staff for assistance. Please keep your area litter-free and dispose of your trash and recycling in the appropriate containers.
- Food/Drink: You are welcome to bring your own food and soft drinks in appropriate containers. No alcohol however and please…No Glass Containers!
• No fireworks are allowed.
• No unauthorized drones.
• No unauthorized vending. If you are not a registered vendor you cannot sell or vend anything on the festival grounds.
• No smoking in either of the two stage areas, the food service areas or the vendor areas. If you wish to smoke, please move away from the crowds.
• Please use the garbage and recycling bins as marked.
• Dancing and other similar activities (e.g. hula, clogging, etc.) is welcome in the designated areas and is not allowed in the front of the stage. Please do not block the view of others.
• Parents are responsible for their children’s safety and behavior while at the festival.
• And finally, please refrain from talking during all performances so that those around you may hear and enjoy the music.